pay attention

pay attention
read my lips

read my lips

Saturday, October 13, 2012

OCTOBER 13 2012

The decorations for Halloween are out and about...
this wreath on the front door...
don't ask how much tissue paper was cut and twisted
 and hot glued to the styrofoam wreath...
4 pkgs !
the mask...would you believe is the table decoration 
from last year's  Lockheed CHRISTMAS? event ????
You may ask ....'what's the connection  ...mask?...Christmas?'
we all were asking the same thing????
Me thinks.... it was all driven by PC (political correctness)
God forbid traditional Christmas decorations be used
and possibly offend somebody?????
DON'T GET ME STARTED...
anyway...it was screaming ..'HALLOWEEN' to me
and I knew it would be decorating something come October 2012
...the black beaded accoutrement is a relic from the 80's ...
I have TWO of these ...they were shoulder 'enhancements' on 
some garment I was sporting at the time...(scary!)


VELVET PUMPKIN ...of course

...how fast did I toss this in my shopping cart at HOBBY LOBBY
last August?????
..plush soft leopard print pumpkin!!!!! be still my heart....
this beauty is about the size of a slightly squished  basketball....
..whenever I see it...I can't resist picking it up and squeezing it...
..and talking babytalk to it...
'oh! LOVEY wovey ,you is sooo cutesy wootsey'
(there is a knock at the door...guys with white jackets coming for me)


'Lovey' appears with glass pumpkins on the dining room table


..and then in the kitchen...... decoupage pumpkins 


..these started out as white baby real pumpkins...which I love because they aren't ORANGE!
...but they had to be sacrificed on the altar of decoupage...
something about cutting up paper tissue and gluing ...and cutting and gluing...
could do it all day..as the dust collects on the furniture
...as the dog hairs collect in the corners
...as the laundry piles up ....
aaahhhhhhh!
...these are so precious ....I may have to stat talking to them ....
..ootsy, wootsy....etc.

SNAP OUT OF IT, KAREN

...there are more decorations around the house...but I am too
embarrassed to share.....
maybe later....






No comments:

Post a Comment